Recycling your paper and card
You should have a supply of Sutton Council-branded clear bags to store your paper and card.
Good to know:
Paper and card is collected every two weeks (on alternate weeks to your plastics, glass, cans and cartons). Use our postcode checker to view a collection timetable for your property.
What can you put in your clear recycling bags?Yes please:
- Newspapers and magazines
- Card and cardboard
- Toilet and kitchen roll tubes
- Egg boxes
- Dirty cardboard (e.g. pizza boxes)
- Shredded paper (see below)
- Tissue paper
- General rubbish
Good to know:
- If needed we will supply extra clear bags for your recycling.
- Flatten your cardboard boxes before placing them in the recycling bag.
- If your flattened cardboard won’t fit in, leave it next to the bag on your collection day and it will be collected.
- Shredded paper clogs up the machinery at the recycling plant. You can put shredded paper in your bag for recycling, but only if you place it inside a paper envelope first.
- If you put the wrong item in your recycling bag, we will let you know by attaching an advisory notice to it. The offending item (or items) will usually be left behind for you to dispose of in other ways.
- If you have difficulty moving the recycling bags, you may be eligible for an assisted collection. Please call us on 020 8770 5000 to discuss your needs.