You can get up to £35 cash back if you:
- purchase and use reusable cloth nappies, or
- subscribe to a nappy washing service
Why use reusable nappies?
- Throwaway nappies create millions of tonnes of raw sewage waste each year and are a huge problem for local councils such as Sutton to deal with.
- Disposable nappies can work out more expensive than reusable.
- We are unsure of the long-term health impacts of the gels and chemicals in disposable nappies on our babies and it is suggested that viruses found in faeces may survive for over two weeks in disposables.
- Disposable nappies may clog toilets, sewers and are a particular health hazard when dumped in litter-bins and roadside lay-bys.
- Modern cloth nappies can be shaped and fastened using Velcro rather than pins
- They are machine washable at 60 degrees Centigrade.
- Cloth nappies can be colourful and stylishly designed.