Always think about minimising waste before recycling. From food sharing platforms to storage advice, get some handy tips on our waste reduction page.
What we collect
- Food waste (all uneaten food and plate scrapings)
- Dairy (dairy products, cheese, eggs)
- Bread, cake, pastries
- Meat and bones (raw meat, cooked meat, bones)
- Tea and coffee grounds (tea bags, coffee grounds)
- Fruit and vegetables (raw vegetables, cooked vegetables, whole fruit, peelings)
- Fish (fish, cooked fish, bones)
- Packaging of any kind
- Liquids such as milk
- Oil or liquid fat
- Plastic bags
- Garden waste
- Any material that is not food waste
Houses and Flats
- You will have two food waste containers, a seven litre kitchen caddy and a larger food waste bin to put out for collection.
- Food waste is collected every week.
- We recommend you line your kitchen caddy with compostable liners (available to buy in supermarkets) or old newspaper. When your caddy is nearly full, tie the top of your liner (or fold over your newspaper) and put it in your outdoor food waste bin ready for collection.
Flats above shops
Unfortunately we’re not able to collect food waste from flats above shops.