Making an application
Due to the number of stakeholders who may need to be engaged with in the planning of the events, it is important to ensure enough lead time is put in place in order to effectively consult with key stakeholders.
The below timescales are minimum notification requirements for events taking place:
- Very large events (over 5,000 attendees) will require a minimum of 9 months.
- Large events (over 2,000-5,000 attendees) will require a minimum of 6 months.
- Medium events (over 1,000 attendees) will require a minimum of 4 months.
- Small events (fewer than 1,000 attendees) that require a road closure will require a minimum of 4 months.
- Small events (fewer than 1,000 attendees) that do not require a road closure will require a minimum of 3 months.
Event Management Process
Please see the event management process here.
Submitting an application
When submitting an application for any event, you will need to produce the following document:
Before submitting, please refer to the resources available on the Planning an Event page, as the information in these documents may be required for you to complete your application. Dependent on the scale and location of the event, and the activities that are taking place, you may also be requested to submit an Event Management Plan.
Please submit your completed documents to the Emergency Planning Service by email or post:
Post: Sutton Safety Advisory Group, Safer Sutton Partnership Service, Sutton Police Station, 6 Carshalton Road, Sutton, SM1 4RF.
Once you have submitted your application, the Emergency Planning Service will respond within 10 working days.
Please note: the above documents are for notification of an event. Dependent on the type of event you are holding, there may be further applications that you are required to submit, for example:
- Road closure (through submitting the Event Notification Form to email@example.com)
We wish you the best of luck with your event.