If you are moving within Sutton
If you are moving from one property to another in Sutton, we need to know as soon as possible so that you pay the right amount of council tax.
If you are moving, please use our online form to tell us about this as soon as possible.
Please note: do not use our self serve facility if you are moving into a new build and please email the Council Tax section with the full details.
When you are telling us of your move, please have the following information:
- your Council Tax account number found at the top of your bill
- your old and new addresses
- the names of anyone over 18 who will be living with you in the new property
- the date you are moving
- the purchase and sale date of both properties or the tenancy start/end dates if different from the moving date
- landlord or managing agent name and contact details if you are renting in the old and/or new property
- solicitor or estate agent name and contact details if you are selling your property and/or if you are buying a new property
- forwarding address of your new property's previous owner or occupier if you have it.
Once you've told us, we'll send you a revised bill showing anything you still owe for your old address along with details of what you owe for your new address. If you've overpaid for your old address, we will usually use the credit to reduce what you owe at your new address. Your revised bill will tell you what your new instalments will be.
Check the Council Tax band and charge for your new address.
You can also use our Self Serve to notify us of the following:
you are the sole occupier of a property and wish to claim a sole occupancy discount
notify us if the name(s) detailed on your council tax or business rates bill are incomplete, incorrect or misspelled
tell us about a change of name
to set up a direct debit instruction
to change your direct debit bank details with us