Setting up and benefiting from 'MyAccount' online
Our online facility is called My Account where you can manage your account online and opt for e-billing (which replaces paper bills sent in the post - you receive an email notification when your online bill is ready to view and download).
It is easy to register and all you need is your Council Tax account number.
If you would like to benefit from managing your council tax account online, please register using our online registration tool.
The registration process is simple:
- provide your personal email address and choose a password
- receive an email providing you with your PIN number
- log in and give your Council tax account number
Please note: you can also link your benefit claim reference or landlord reference or your business rates account number, (which can be found on top of your current bill or notification letter).
Once registered onto MyAccount, you can benefit from:
- managing your account online (with 24 hour access to bills and to make payments)
- choosing to receive notifications of bills by email (e-billing) rather than paper bills sent through the post
- it is easy and secure
- viewing a full statement of your account
- seeing a list of payments already made and any instalments which still need to be paid (since 1st April 2004)
- seeing a list of any discounts or exemptions you receive
- the ability to view, download and print statements of account for all periods, council tax or business rates bills (since 1st April 2011), payments schedules (for landlords) or notification letters
- making payments to us via our secure payment system anytime
- depending on your mobile device, you can now also access your account details on the go