Under offer - Sutton Green (former) Conveniences, High Street, Sutton
The former public conveniences are situated on Sutton Green which is off the High Street and is a publicly maintained road. The location is just a few minutes’ walk from Sutton’s main shopping high street and approximately 1.8km from Sutton Railway Station. The extent of the public conveniences is shown edged red on the attached plan.
Location plan (not to scale)
The property comprises of a former toilet block in need of refurbishment, with separate entrance doors to the male and female toilets. There are also casement windows installed on of all the brick wall elevations.
61m² / 657ft² approximate gross internal area.
There is no planning history for the property. It has been used as a public convenience since its construction circa 1935. There is potential for internal reconfiguration such as the change of use to add a cafe use and outside seating, subject to planning consent.
The premises will be available on a full repairing and insuring short term licence.
All offers must be made in writing to Asset Management, London Borough of Sutton, 24 Denmark Road, Carshalton, Surrey SM5 2JG or by email to either firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. All offers to be received by 30/04/2017.
For further information please contact Alysha Ludhra on 020 8770 5076 or Andrew Brady on 020 8770 6333.
Please note that the Council does not own the land on which the building sits. The public conveniences were built by the Council on land registered as village green under the Commons Registration Act 1965 and the owner of the village green has given positive comments with regards to alternative uses. Any change of use and conversion of the public conveniences would be subject to approval from the Local Planning Authority and the current landlord.
- These particulars do not constitute any part of an offer or contract and are supplied entirely without prejudice. The Council does not accept any responsibility as to the accuracy thereof or otherwise.
- All prospective licensees must satisfy themselves as to the suitability of the property for the intended use.
- The Council does not make or give any person in the employment of the Council any authority to make any representation or warranty in relation to the premises or information supplied thereof.
- Agents should look to their clients for remuneration.
- The Council does not bind itself to accept any offer submitted.
- It should be noted that it is a criminal offence punishable by imprisonment to give or offer any gift or consideration whatsoever as an inducement or reward to any officer of the Council and any such action will preclude the offerer from subsequent offer applications.
- The information given in these particulars is subject to contract.
- The description of the property shall not be taken as a representation or implication that the property is suitable for this or any other purpose.
- Dimensions given have been measured in accordance with the RICS Code of Measuring Practice, however no warranty is given as to the accuracy of the areas quoted and purchasers should satisfy themselves with measurements on site.
These particulars are believed to be correct but their accuracy is not guaranteed and they are intended only as a guide and do not obviate the need to make appropriate searches, enquiries and inspections. They form no part of any contract or offer and are given without responsibility on the part of the Council or its Officers. The terms are subject to contract.