To let - Charles Cryer Theatre, High Street, Carshalton, SM5 3BB
Closing date for offers will be Friday 11th May 2018 at 12noon.
Bids must be in the form available from Sutton Asset Management.
Enquiries to Rodney Dosunmu by email at rodney.dosunmu
The main Theatre Building which has Victorian origins was extensively refurbished in 1990 to create a contemporary studio theatre with flexible seating. There is a rehearsal room on the second floor with dressing rooms on the first floor each serving the double height theatre. There is a ground floor restaurant with fitted kitchen and also a former bar/green room and ancillary offices to the rear of the ground floor. The entire Theatre Building offers immediate vacant possession.
The rear Workshop Building at the rear is two storey with the upper floor having exceptional clear height (8.6m max) to accommodate the paint frame in preparing stage backdrops. Part of the ground floor is let to Crunch Studios and the remainder of the building is vacant.
There is potential for either of the buildings to be put to alternative uses subject to planning consent. The central location within Carshalton opens up a range of mixed use commercial/cultural options. There is also potential to alter the internal layout of the Theatre Building to improve the configuration.
Theatre Building – 39 High Street m2 (GIA) Sq Ft (GIA)
Theatre – Gnd, 1st & 2nd Floors 688.04 7,406
Workshop Restaurant – Let to Maneeya 171.45 1,845
Bar & office – Gnd Floor Rear 63.25 681
Total 922.74 9,932
Ground Floor Workshop – 39a High Street 96.78 1,042
First Floor Workshop – 39a High Street 161.72 1,741
39b High Street – Let to Crunch Studios 60.72 654
Total 319.22 3,437
Combined Total 1,241.96 13,369
There is a total of 16 parking spaces serving the complex adjacent to the service road. Further off-street car parking is available in the nearby side roads and there are also surface car parks in the High Street and The Square. Floor plans are available on request.
The Charles Cryer Theatre is located towards the eastern end of Carshalton High Street. The High Street (The A232), an adopted road and red route, forms part of the main east-west link within the Borough. Good public transport facilities are available in the High Street with Carshalton railway station being about ½ km away, and many bus routes serve the High Street. The main commercial centre of Sutton is about 2½ km to the west.
Rental offers will be invited for letting(s) on full repairing and insuring terms (FRI) to include the following options:
- Any of the vacant parts or combination thereof (theatre, bar/green room and workshops)
An overriding lease of both buildings subject to the existing lettings
A term of up to 25 years is envisaged for an overriding lease but a shorter more flexible term of 5-15 years would be considered for the individual parts. The Council is developing proposals for internal alterations which would improve flexibility of the layout. Depending on offers and expressions of interest received the Council may carry out these works in the future. Further details are available on request.
Please refer to LB Sutton Business Rates https://www.sutton.gov.uk/info/200535/business_rates and https://www.tax.service.gov.uk/view-my-valuation/search for details of the 2017 rateable values.
The main Theatre Building is considered suitable for a diverse range of cultural, community or commercial uses within Class D2, or other users subject to planning consent. The rear Workshop Building is considered suitable for workshop, studio or B1 business use subject to planning consent. Further enquiries should be addressed to London Borough of Sutton Planning Department on 020 8770 5000
Each party is to be responsible for their own legal and surveyors costs.
EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
A closing date of 11 May 2018 at 12noon for receipt of bids has been set and these must be in the form available from the Asset Management team.
A copy of the EPC is available upon request.
Strictly by appointment with The London Borough of Sutton. To arrange a viewing please contact Andrew Brady on 020 8770 6333 or via email email@example.com
Conditions Governing these Particulars
- These particulars do not constitute any part of an offer or contract and are supplied entirely without prejudice. The Council does not accept any responsibility as to the accuracy thereof or otherwise.
- All prospective tenants must satisfy themselves as to the suitability of the property for the intended use.
- The Council does not make or give any person in the employment of the Council any authority to make any representation or warranty in relation to the premises or information supplied thereof.
- Agents should look to their clients for remuneration.
- The Council does not bind itself to accept the highest or any offer submitted.
- It should be noted that it is a criminal offence punishable by imprisonment to give or offer any gift or consideration whatsoever as an inducement or reward to any officer of the Council and any such action will preclude the offerer from making subsequent offer applications.
- The information given in these particulars is subject to contract.
- No warranty is given as to the accuracy of the floor area quoted and interested parties should satisfy themselves with measurements on site.
These particulars are set out as a general outline only for the guidance of intended lessees and do not constitute, nor constitute part of, an offer or contract. All descriptions, areas and necessary permissions for use and occupation and other details are believed to be correct but their accuracy is not guaranteed and they are intended only as a guide and do not obviate the need to make appropriate searches, enquiries and inspections. They form no part of any contract or offer and are given without responsibility on the part of the Council or its Officers. No responsibility is taken for any inaccuracy or expenses incurred in viewing the premises. The terms are subject to contract.