You will need to apply for a licence under the London Local Authorities Act 1991 as amended if you own or manage premises offering any of the following treatments, unless you can claim an exemption:
- nail extensions
- body piercing
- cosmetic piercing
- light - for example colour therapy, infra-red, ultra violet sunbeds
- electric - for example electrolysis, faradism, galvanism, high frequency
- other special treatments such as vapour, laser, sauna or other baths
Please ensure you read Special Treatment guidance notes before submitting an application.
- Special Treatment licence new application form
- Special Treatment conditions
- Special Treatment guidance on the qualifications and training of Special Treatment practitioners
Renewing your licence
All licences must be renewed before their date of expiry.
Health and safety at work
If you would like to make a licensing enquiry, please use the online form.