You will need to apply for a licence under the London Local Authorities Act 1991 as amended if you own or manage premises offering any of the following treatments, unless you can claim an exemption:
- nail extensions
- body piercing
- cosmetic piercing
- light - for example colour therapy, infra-red, ultra violet sunbeds
- electric - for example electrolysis, faradism, galvanism, high frequency
- other special treatments such as vapour, laser, sauna or other baths
Please ensure you read Special Treatment guidance notes before submitting an application.
- Special Treatment licence new application form
- Special Treatment conditions
- Special Treatment guidance on the qualifications and training of Special Treatment practitioners
Renewing your licence
All licences must be renewed before their date of expiry.
- Special Treatment licence renewal application form
- Special Treatment licence variation application form
Health and safety at work
If you would like to make a licensing enquiry, please use the online form.