Alcohol and Entertainment

Club Premises Certificate

Volunteer and social clubs give rise to different issues for licensing law than commercially run premises selling alcohol directly to the public.

Where a club meets the criteria set out in the Licensing Act 2003, so becoming 'qualifying clubs', a Club Premises Certificate is needed to supply alcohol or conduct any other 'qualifying club activities' from their premises. Once a certificate is issued by Sutton Council, the club is entitled to certain benefits such as not needing any staff member to hold a personal licence or the need to specify a designated premises supervisor.

Please note: full payment of the licence fee is required before you submit your application.

Application for a new club premises certificate
Guidance and relevant documents.

Making a licensing enquiry

The easiest way to make a licensing enquiry is by using the online form 

Make a licensing enquiry here