How to Protect your Business
There are five key steps which will help your business continue operating during an incident, or return to operating as quickly as possible:
- Identify the potential risks to your business and understand the impact they could have.
- Plan and prepare for the risks that are most likely to impact you.
- Check that you're fully insured and that all documentation is stored safely.
- Contact your Local Authority and register with business networks.
- Read the Protect your Business: Guidance to Local Businesses booklet.
The London Borough of Sutton Risk Register identifies the different hazards that may occur in Sutton, their potential impacts and how much of a risk they are. The list of risks is not exhaustive in a business sense; considerations should also be taken into account for additional hazards that may affect organisations such as IT failures, loss of communications, lack of staff and supply chain disruptions.
Cross-sector Safety and Security Communications (CSSC) was developed by Metropolitan Police, Transport for London and business representatives, and provides trusted and verified information across London.
CSSC works in both private and public sector organisations through industry sector leads, and allows you to receive alerts and information that may be relevant to your business. To register and receive alerts for your sector, visit the CSSC website.
This booklet provides further guidance for preparing your business to respond to incidents.