Pay & Benefits
In our 2019-20 Children’s Workforce Survey, 98.1% of respondents described Sutton as a good organisation to work for and 96.1% felt that their personal values matched those of our service.
Roles and Salaries within the Service
We have a range of jobs available within Children’s Services, including social work and other qualified roles. Some of these roles and their current salaries are outlined below:
- Personal Advisers / Family Support Workers (Grade 6)- Up to £30,711*
- Parent Locality - Family Support Workers / Restorative Family Coaches / Contact Referral & Information Officers (Grade 7)- Up to £37,842*
- NQSW / Social Worker / Senior Social Worker (Grade 8)- Up to £42,684*
- Assistant Team Manager (Grade 9)- Up to £49,464*
- Team Manager (Grade 10)- Up to £58,779*
* Unconsolidated maximum through performance related progression.
Children's Social Work Recruitment and Retention offer
- £1,000 welcome bonus for Social Workers*.
- Annual retention payments for social workers which increased from £1000 to a maximum of £3000 per annum for each year they remain in the service*.
- Reimbursement of SW England renewal fees.
* Welcome and retention payments are only payable to social work vacancies on scale point 30 and above.
General Social Care Benefits Offer
Our general benefits offer for all social care employees includes:
- An annual car parking pass worth up to £800
- Fuel allowance
- Use of Zip car scheme
- Subsidised gym memberships
- Discounts in local shops
- Season ticket loan
- Introduce a friend scheme