Bike maintenance courses
Cycle maintenance courses
We run one day bike maintenance course to build up essential cycle maintenance skills. You will develop the skills needed to make a full diagnostic of your bike and learn essential adjustments as well as some repairs. Our courses are for a maximum of 8 people so early bookings are recommended. Dates are limited to availability with courses running in Kingston and Sutton
f you can’t make it to one of our courses, but still want to try some home maintenance, have a look at the basic bicycle maintenance manual provided free from the London Cyclist.
All courses are 09.00 - 13.00.
|Sutton dates||Kingston dates|
|Sutton courses are finished for the year||
Make a booking
The cost of attending this course is £15 per person. Payment must be made before your place on the course can be confirmed.
To pay by bank transfer, our bank details are as follows:
- account name: RBK Direct Credit Account
- sortcode: 30-80-12
- account number: 14717168
- reference: please use “Bike Maintenance Course” (or as much of that as fits in the reference field).
Important: when completed, please email email@example.com to confirm the date you put through your £15 bank transfer.
- Checking key parts of your bike for wear and tear, using the simple 5 minute assessment system employed by professional bike mechanics!
- Adjusting and balancing your brakes and replacing your brake pads
- Making some minor adjustments which will give you a more comfortable riding experience
- Removing your rear wheel, inner-tube and tyre and repairing a puncture
- Cleaning and caring for your bike
- What you need in a basic tool kit
Courses are open to adults and children (children under 14 must be accompanied by an adult).