- using drugs?
- drinking more alcohol than is good for them?
As well as helping your friend or relative, you might need some help and support yourself. It is only natural to be worried or upset when you see someone you care about struggling with drugs or alcohol.
Get help and support
- Adfam supports families affected by drug or alcohol use
- Community Drug Service for South London provides support to the families and carers of alcohol and drug users
- Families Anonymous is for the family and friends affected by a drug user and their related behavioural problems
- NHS choices provides advice for the family of a drug user
- The FRANK website provides guidance on drugs and drugs use, including guidance for parents and carers who are worried about a child
- Al-Anon provides support to anyone whose life is, or has been, affected by someone else's drinking
Find out about the support you can get if you're caring for someone using drugs or alcohol: support for carers.