Take part in research

We would like to talk with residents about their online experience with Sutton Council. If you would like to take part in research to help us improve the website and online services

Please complete our short survey

Worried about someone with drink or drug problems?

Are you worried about someone who is:
  • using drugs?
  • drinking more alcohol than is good for them?
We know that this can be very difficult to cope with. You can't be responsible for others but you can encourage them to accept support or treatment.

As well as helping your friend or relative, you might need some help and support yourself. It is only natural to be worried or upset when you see someone you care about struggling with drugs or alcohol.

Get help and support

  • Adfam supports families affected by drug or alcohol use
  • Community Drug Service for South London provides support to the families and carers of alcohol and drug users
  • Families Anonymous is for the family and friends affected by a drug user and their related behavioural problems
  • NHS choices provides advice for the family of a drug user
  • The FRANK website provides guidance on drugs and drugs use, including guidance for parents and carers who are worried about a child
  • Al-Anon provides support to anyone whose life is, or has been, affected by someone else's drinking


Find out about the support you can get if you're caring for someone using drugs or alcohol: support for carers.