About the garden waste collection service
What is the Garden waste collection service
We offer a fortnightly garden waste recycling service. Our garden bin collections scheme requires a yearly subscription.
Please note: the period to renew 2017/18 subscriptions has now has now passed so you will need to sign up for a new (2018/19) subscription.
New customers can subscribe to the garden waste service at any point during the year and will receive 26 collections over 12-month period.
Help using our online garden waste system
- Enter your postcode into the the address look up
- Select your address from the list by clicking on it and clicking the continue button. Please be patient this can take up to a minute
- Once the 'Your waste and recycling services' page has loaded you will need to scroll down the page until you get to the 'Garden waste collections- subscribe to the service section'
- You will need your debit of credit card to hand to complete the transaction
- Please keep trying- the system is very busy and can sometimes take a long time to load
Sign up/renew/pay for garden waste
You can choose from a large (240 litre) or small bin (140 litre), or a combination of bins depending on the amount of garden waste you have. You will need to pay for each bin that you require, but there is no limit on the number of bins you can have. . The annual charge for the bins is the same, regardless of size.
If you have tried to sign up or renew your garden waste collection service subscription but could not, please request a call back from our customer service team who will then arrange for payment.
£62.73 The annual charge for the bins is the same, regardless of size.
You can pay for as many 240 litre wheelie bins as you want. Sacks are available for residents that currently use bags for their rubbish and recycling - please contact us for details.
Please note that the price is reviewed annually.
After you've signed up and paid
- if you are an existing customer and already have a bin, you can start using your garden waste bin from the date that you made payment
- new customers will receive their new bin within 15 days of making payment. Once you have received the bin, you can start filling it with your garden waste. Your annual subscription will start on the date of your first collection and you will receive 26 collections
Starting your collections
Just place your garden waste wheelie bin(s) out with your normal fortnightly brown rubbish bin collection.