Children with Disabilities
The Children with Disabilities team consists of social workers, occupational therapists and other practitioners who provide advice and assistance to children and young people with disabilities and their parents/carers.
Short breaks can be accessed through an EHAT (Early Help Assessment Tool) which can be completed by a professional that knows your child or young person well, this may be someone from school, or a health professional.
- The Chronically Sick and Disabled Persons Act 1970
- The Children Act 1989
- The Carers and Disabled Children Act 2000
- Working Together to Safeguard Children
- Framework for the Assessment of Children in Need and their Families
- London Continuum of Need
- Statutory Guidance on the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of disabled children using short breaks 2010
- The care planning placement and case review (England) Regulations 2010
- Care Act 2014
- Children and Families Act 2014
The service is guided by the Sutton All Age Disability board who meet on a quarterly basis.
If a member of the family, who is under 18, is involved in caring for a child or young person (who is also under 18) with a disability they may also have a young carers assessment. For more information and the assessment form please visit the young carers website. You can also visit the young carers website for information on a carers assessment if the person being cared for is over the age of 18.
If you would like to find out more please contact the Children's First Contact Service on 020 8770 6001 or email firstname.lastname@example.org