Paediatric Occupational Therapists (OT) | Children who need additional support | Sutton Council
COVID-19 (Coronavirus) : Latest information and advice

What is the current situation with the COVID -19 (Coronavirus) and where to find more information.

Information from the London Borough of Sutton

Children who need additional support

Paediatric Occupational Therapists (OT)

Paediatric Occupational Therapists (OT) in Social Services can visit children and young people with a disability to provide an assessment of their needs at home.

Our aim is to enable children and young people to be as independent as possible by providing advice on moving and handling techniques, provision of equipment and adaptations to the home.

If carers need to assist with moving and handling, the OTs will advise on the safest method of transfer and provide equipment and adaptions.

If there are difficulties in accessing essential rooms in the home the OT will be able to recommend adaptations and assist with the application of a Disabled Facilities Grant (DFG). DFGs help fund necessary and appropriate work to the home.

The OT can also support social housing applications where wheelchair/accessible housing is required.

If disability affects safety in the home, Paediatric OTs can advise on strategies and equipment.

Eligibility Criteria

Referral Form


18/03/2020, 10:05:49