Sutton Carers Centre
Sutton Carers Centre
Sutton Carers Centre offers specialist advice and support to unpaid carers, including parents/carers of children, young people and adults with disabilities or extra needs. If you are caring for someone, and you live and/or work in the London Borough of Sutton, we are here to support you.
Who are we?
We are linked to the national charity, Carers Trust, which supports Carers through a network or Centres across the UK: www.carers.org
Locally, we are part of ALPS (Advice Link in Partnership Service) in Sutton. We work in partnership with Citizens Advice Sutton, Age UK Sutton, and Sutton Library and Heritage Service to deliver free, confidential and impartial information and advice on a range of issues. We also work closely with Sutton Uplift, with a dedicated Wellbeing Navigator for Carers as part of our team.
- Advice, information and support
- Benefit checks with a specialist advisor from Citizens Advice Sutton (appointments are held at Sutton Carers Centre)
- Help with filling in forms such as DLA, PIP or Carer's Allowance
- Wellbeing services for Carers including free workshops and one-to-one support
- Support groups, including a monthly group for parents
- Low cost, complementary therapies, including massage and meditation
- Confidential counselling
- 'Working for Carers' - free support to unpaid Carers who would like to return to work. This includes help with writing CVs and filling in application forms, job searching, preparing for interviews and help with thinking about what jobs match your current skills, including transferable skills from caring/parenting
Get in touch:
We are open Monday-Friday, 9AM-5PM, with two exceptions:
- Tuesdays, when we are open until 8PM
- The second Saturday of every month 11AM-1PM
We are based in a fully-accessible building, just off Sutton High Street: Sutton Carers Centre, Benhill House, 12-14 Benhill Avenue, Sutton, SM1 4DA
Telephone: 020 8296 5611 / Email: email@example.com / Find us on Facebook or Twitter