The Local Offer has two key purposes:
- to provide clear, comprehensive and accessible information about the support and opportunities that are available locally including education, health and social care
- to make provision more responsive to local needs and aspirations by directly involving children and young people with SEND, parents and carers, and service providers in its development and review
We continue to work together with children and young people, parent and carers, and with local services, including the voluntary sector, to develop our offer.
Who is the Local Offer for?
Families with children and young people with learning needs and disabilities, from birth to 25 years old, and their providers.
What does the Local Offer cover?
- what the Local Authority must do
- early years
- post 16 provision
- social care
- disabled children's services, including short breaks
- health services
- preparing for adulthood
- travel support arrangements
- leisure activities
- Education, Health and Care Needs Assessment (EHCNA)
The Local Offer will:
- improve choice and transparency for families
- help practitioners and professionals to understand the range of services and provision available locally so they can signpost families they work with
- improve joint commissioning arrangements for services by setting out in a single place what is available locally
CQC Ofsted Local Area Review 2018
Following the CQC Ofsted inspection in January 2018, Sutton were required to submit a Written Statement of Action, which outlines how they will address the issues raised during the inspection. Please find here the Sutton Local Area Written Statement of Action and response letter from Ofsted.
Written Statement of Action Stocktake Day 2019
To celebrate our successes and achievements, as well as understand and acknowledge the areas of work where progress is still required to improve services for children and young people with SEND and their parents/carers, a Local Area 'Stocktake morning' took place in September 2019.
CQC Ofsted Local Area Re-visit 2020
Ofsted and the Care Quality Commission (CQC) re-visited Sutton on Monday 2 March to Wednesday 4 March to review the progress we have made since the previous inspection in 2018 in relation to services for children and young people with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND).
In May 2020, Ofsted and CQC confirmed that Sutton’s Local Area services for children and young people with SEND have made “sufficient progress” in all three areas identified in the SEND Local Area inspection, and therefore Sutton no longer requires a Written Statement of Action (WSOA).