The Local Offer has two key purposes:
- to provide clear, comprehensive and accessible information about the support and opportunities that are available locally including education, health and social care and
- to make provision more responsive to local needs and aspirations by directly involving children and young people with SEND, parents and carers, and service providers in its development and review
We continue to work together with children and young people, parents and carers and with local services, including the voluntary sector, to develop our offer.
Who is the Local Offer for?
Families with children and young people with learning needs and disabilities, from birth to 25 years old.
What does the Local Offer cover?
The Local Offer will:
- improve choice and transparency for families
- help practitioners and professionals to understand the range of services and provision available locally so they can signpost families they work with
- improve joint commissioning arrangements for services by setting out in a single place what is available locally
CQC Ofsted Local Area Review
Following the CQC OFSTED Inspection in January 2018, Sutton were required to submit a Written Statement of Action, which outlines how they will address the issues raised during the Inspection. Please find here the Sutton Local Area Written Statement of Action and response letter from Ofsted.