Sutton's Local Offer Website: for all your SEND information needs.
The Local Offer has two key purposes:
- to provide clear, comprehensive and accessible information about the support and opportunities that are available locally including education, health and social care
- to make provision more responsive to local needs and aspirations by directly involving children and young people with SEND, parents and carers, and service providers in its development and review
We continue to work together with children and young people, parent and carers, and with local services, including the voluntary sector, to develop our offer.
Who is the Local Offer for?
Families with children and young people with learning needs and disabilities, from birth to 25 years old, and their providers.
What does the Local Offer cover?
- what the Local Authority must do
- early years
- post 16 provision
- disabled children's services, including short breaks
- health services
- preparing for adulthood
- travel support arrangements
- leisure activities
- Education, Health and Care Needs Assessment (EHCNA)
- Money Matters
- Advice & Support
- News and Events
- SENCO Guidance
- Special Educational Needs Support
Working together on the Local Offer website ensures:
- Relevant information for families regarding the services available in the local area
- A wide range of information for practitioners and professionals regarding the range of services and provision available locally so they can signpost families effectively
- Opportunities for joint commissioning of services by setting out in a single place what is available locally
- Content accuracy
Whilst all efforts have been taken to ensure the accuracy and reliability of the information provided, Sutton Local Offer cannot be held responsible for any inaccuracies or omissions. This is because the content on our site comes from many different local area contributors and they might not always let us know when things change, so we can't guarantee that it is all accurate, complete or up-to-date all of the time.
However, if you do see something that is wrong or needs updating, please do tell us so we can do something about it.
- Links to other websites
As we have no control over the contents of third party agencies listed or the content of websites linked through our site, their presence should not be interpreted as endorsement by us of those linked websites.
As we cannot be liable for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them, we would always strongly advise you to make an initial enquiry to the relevant organisation prior to using their services to ensure that they adhere to child safe practices and are appropriate for your / your child's needs .”