Sutton’s Local Offer
Information for Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND)
Welcome to Sutton’s Local Offer website, where you will find information about provision available locally across education, health and social care for children and young people who have special educational needs or who are disabled, covering the age range from birth to 25 years old. This includes those who do not have an Education, Health and Care (EHC) Plan.
What does the Local Offer cover?
Sources of information, advice and support available for families that can be accessed in
- early years provision
- schools, including academies and special schools
- post 16 provision
- social care services, including short breaks
- health services
- transition to adulthood
- travel support arrangements
- leisure activities
- eligibility criteria for specialist services
- how to request an Education, Health and Care (EHC) Plan and the process for assessment
The Local Offer will:
- improve choice and transparency for families
- help practitioners and professionals to understand the range of services and provision available locally so they can signpost families they work with
- improve joint commissioning arrangements for services by setting out in a single place what is available locally
The Local Offer has two key purposes:
- to provide clear, comprehensive and accessible information about the support and opportunities that are available and
- to make provision more responsive to local needs and aspirations by directly involving children and young people with SEN, parents and carers, and service providers in its development and review
We have worked together with children and young people, parents and carers and with local services, including the voluntary sector, to develop our offer.