Saturday workshops for parents
A 4 week programme at the Tweeddale Centre, Tweeddale Road, Carshalton SM5 1SQ.
Parent workshops are specially designed for families with a child with additional needs aged 6 months – 8 years and includes parents, carers, grandparents and older siblings.
The course consists of four workshops. Each workshop will help you to:
- Understand local and national services for children and families and what they can offer your child and family.
- Understand the principles of Early Support and how Early Support materials such as the family pack can help you
- Feel more confident about working with practitioners and making decisions about your child’s journey.
The workshops have been designed and written by parent consultants who have direct experience of a disabled child in the family.
- Workshop 1 Understanding this new world
- Workshop 2 Changing Relationships
- Workshop 3 The Child Beyond the Disability
- Workshop 4 The Importance of the Ordinary.
The workshops will also give you the opportunity to meet other parents and carers with a disabled child, share successes and difficulties and experience the journey together.
We have 3 parent facilitators, Nicky, Sian and Titalayo parents of children with disabilities, who understands the issues that parents may face.
Breakfast will be available. There will be a creche on all Saturdays for children aged 0-8years. There are limited places and will need to be booked.
For further information please contact Access Point 020 8770 4690