National lockdown: Stay at Home

National lockdown rules apply in England

Latest guidance and information on COVID-19

Council tax discounts

Domestic accommodation provided as part of employment

If you are eligible, a 50% discount may be applied to your council tax.

To qualify:

  • a person must be registered for council tax at their main address and at the second home

  • a copy of a contract of employment (showing the need to live in that property as a condition of employment) must be provided

Please note: properties rented because they are convenient for work (for instance, a flat/house in town) will not be eligible.

Please email or write to:

Council Tax Team,
Civic Offices,
St Nicholas Way,

Please add full details, the required documentation and please remember to quote your council tax account number, found at the top of your paper bill or displayed in your 'MyAccount' details if you have registered.