National lockdown: Stay at Home

National lockdown rules apply in England

Latest guidance and information on COVID-19

Council tax discounts

Foreign language assistants

Foreign language assistants are classed as students and may be disregarded from paying council tax during the period of their appointment to any school or other educational establishment throughout the UK.

When applying:

  • please scan and email your student certificate to us or send by post to the Council Tax Team at Civic Offices, St Nicholas Way, Sutton, SM1 1EA

  • you will need your council tax account number, found at the top of your paper bill or displayed in your 'MyAccount' details if you have registered