Sutton Local Committee
The Sutton Local Committee gives you a chance to work with councillors and community representatives to shape the future of Sutton.
Your local committee
If you live, work or study in Sutton and want to influence decisions that affect your local area, the Sutton Local committee is your chance to get involved.
The Local Committee covers three wards - Sutton Central, Sutton North and Sutton West.
Who sits on the Committee?
The Local Committee Chair and Vice Chair are appointed from the local ward councillors who all sit on the Local Committee.
A number of formally nominated Community Representatives also sit on the Local Committee and although they do not have voting rights, they have a very important part to play in reflecting the views of the residents they represent and ensuring that information is shared.
What has the committee been up to recently?
Recent topics discussed at the Local Committee meetings have included the recently adopted new borough-wide planning framework- the Sutton Local Plan, the Council's Parking Strategy for the local area, discussions on resident safety and advice from emergency services.
Over the past year, the Sutton Local Committee has funded a number of projects to help improve the local area including, the new Sutton Green Cafe, providing outdoor gyms and trim trails in Seears Park, Rosehill Park and Chaucer Gardens and road improvements around the new Sainsbury's development on the High Street. All these projects were proposed by members of the community and discussed at the committee meetings gaining support from Councillors and Community Representatives.
Get involved - come to your local committee meeting
- committees meet in the evening around four times a year in local venues in the area. Here you can find out the date of your next local committee meeting.
- Get in touch : Let us know what you'd like the Committee to talk about, tell us what you think the priorities for your Local area should be, make your voice heard on topics that are being discussed. You can get in contact with your local ward councillors or contact us at email@example.com.
- Join the mailing list - contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org ask to be added
- Apply for a Neighbourhood Grant
- Become a Community Representative
We look forward to hearing from you and welcoming you to a meeting.