Cheam North & Worcester Park Local Committee
The Cheam North and Worcester Park Local Committee gives you a chance to work with councillors and community representatives to shape the future of the area.
Your local committee
If you live, work or study in Nonsuch, Worcester Park or Stonecot and want to influence decisions that affect your local area, the Cheam North and Worcester Park Local Committee is your chance to get involved.
The Local Committee covers three wards - Nonsuch, Worcester Park and Stonecot.
Who sits on the Committee?
The Local Committee Chair and Vice-Chair are appointed from the local ward councillors, who all sit on the Local Committee.
A number of formally nominated community representatives also sit on the Local Committee and although they do not have voting rights, they have a very important part to play in reflecting the views of the residents they represent and ensuring that information is shared.
What has the committee been up to recently?
Recent topics discussed at the Local Committee meetings have included the recently adopted new Sutton Local Plan and the World War One centennial in 2018. Over the past year, the Cheam North and Worcester Park Local Committee has funded a number of projects to help improve the local area, such as biodiversity improvements at Sutton Common Park, planting schemes in Stonecot Hill and Church Hill Road and road improvements to Sutton Common road.
All these projects were proposed by members of the community and discussed at the committee meetings, gaining support from Councillors and Community Representatives.
Get involved - come to your local committee meeting
- committees meet in the evening around four times a year in local venues in the area. Here you can find out the date of your next local committee meeting.
- get in touch : Let us know what you'd like the Committee to talk about, tell us what you think the priorities for your local area should be, make your voice heard on topics that are being discussed. You can get in contact with your local ward councillors or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- join the mailing list - contact us at email@example.com and ask to be added
- apply for a Neighbourhood Grant
- become a Community Representative
- If you wish to receive email updates and information for this Local Committee (including meeting agendas), Subscribe here.
We look forward to hearing from you and welcoming you to a meeting.