St Helier, The Wrythe & Wandle Valley Local Committee
The St Helier, The Wrythe and Wandle Valley Local Committee gives you a chance to work with councillors and community representatives to shape the future of the area.
Your local committee
If you live, work or study in St Helier, the Wrythe or Wandle Valley and want to influence decisions that affect your local area, the St Helier, the Wrythe or Wandle Valley Local committee is your chance to get involved.
What has the committee been up to recently?
Recent topics discussed at the Local Committee meetings have included Sutton's Future, expansion of Hackbridge Primary School and the Heart of Hackbridge scheme.
Over the past year, the St Helier, the Wrythe or Wandle Valley Local Committee has funded a number of projects to help improve the local area, such as installing Welcome to the Wrythe sign, community noticeboards and an outdoor gym for St Helier open space.
All these projects were proposed by members of the community and discussed at the committee meetings, gaining support from Councillors and Community Representatives.
Who sits on the Committee?
The Local Committee Chair and Vice Chair are appointed from the local ward councillors, who all sit on the Local Committee.
A number of formally nominated community representatives also sit on the Local Committee and although they do not have voting rights, they have a very important part to play in reflecting the views of the residents they represent and ensuring that information is shared.
Get involved - come to your local committee meeting
- committees meet in the evening around four times a year in local venues in the area. Find out the date of your next local committee meeting.
- get in touch : Let us know what you'd like the Committee to talk about, tell us what you think the priorities for your Local area should be, make your voice heard on topics that are being discussed. You can get in contact with your local ward councillors or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- apply for a Neighbourhood Grant
- become a Community Representative
- If you wish to receive email updates and information regarding this committee (including meeting agendas), Subscribe here.
We look forward to hearing from you and welcoming you to a meeting