Priority Repairs Grant
This grant is subject to funding being available and is restricted to residents to enable them to deal with emergency works that present an imminent risk to the health and safety of the occupants.
To qualify one or more of the following conditions must apply to the dwelling:
- Structural instability; structural movement, and damage likely to cause structural collapse. (An independent, professional report may be required at the expense of the enquirer)
- Dampness affecting living accommodation to such an extent that there is a likelihood of harm to the health of the occupants
- Disrepair that is likely to affect the safety of the occupants
- Risk of electrocution or outbreak of fire as a result of faulty electrical circuitry.
- Risk of gas poisoning due to a defective gas installation. All or part of the installation must be condemned or disconnected by a competent person.
- Major drainage failure e.g. collapsed private drain
- Lack of a hot water supply, and/or heating as a result of appliance/boiler breakdown. The appliance/boiler may be repaired/renewed with grant aid subject to a report by a registered Gas Safe installer
The grant is available to anyone that owns their home and is in receipt of certain benefits or on low income.
The grant must be repaid in full if the property is sold, or the ownership of the dwelling to which an application relates changes at any time from the date of the certified completion of works. The grant is secured as a charge against the property with the Land Registry.
To find out if you are eligible to apply for a priority repairs grant telephone 020 8770 5000.