Vans and large vehicles at the Reuse and Recycle Centre
COVID-19(Coronavirus) latest information regarding Reuse and Recycling centre closure
The Household Reuse and Recycling Centre at Kimpton Park Way is closed until further notice. Bulky items, garden waste, DIY waste etc. should be stored safely on your property until restrictions on non-essential travel are lifted and the site is able to re-open.
Van and large vehicles at the Reuse and Recycle
Residents with a van or large vehicle are required to pre–register their visit to the site. Residents get a maximum of 12 visits in a 12 month rolling period and can bring a maximum of 500kgs per household. You may be turned away if you have reached the 500kgs or the 12 visits limit.
Vehicles that are required to pre-register
- Any large or small van (including hire vans)
- Pick-up trucks
- Mini buses with 10 seats or more
- Any vehicle that has side panels instead of rear windows
- Any vehicle where the seats have been permanently removed
If you are unsure if your vehicle is classed as a van or large vehicle please refer to the HMRC definition of Car derived vans and Combi Vans.
Vehicles not allowed access
Large and heavy vehicles cannot use the site. These include, but are not limited to:
- any vehicle over 3.5 tonnes max gross weight
- any vehicle over 5 metres in length
- any Luton style box vehicles (including any high sided vehicles)
- any vehicle with more than 4 wheels
- any tipper trucks or false sided vehicles
- any vehicle and trailer over 5 metres combined
Register your visit
To visit you must be a Sutton resident and have completed the South London Waste Partnership Permit Request Form by 4pm (at least a day) prior to the intended day of visit. You can register several days in advance if you prefer.
Please remember to bring your Identification Documents with you at time of visit.
Residents that have not completed the form or are unable to provide the appropriate ID will be refused entry to the site.
What to do
- Check the opening hours for van and large vehicles
- Complete the South London Waste Partnership HRRC Van and Large Vehicle Permit Request form
- Bag up items into groups so you're ready to use the different recycling sections at the centre
- Wear suitable clothing and footwear
- Check the RRC web cam to see if there's a queue
- Remember to bring your Identification Documents with you at time of visit
- Arrive at the Reuse and Recycling Centre gate where a member of staff will sign you in