Council tax - How to pay your council tax or business rates
More in "Council tax"
- What it pays for
- How to pay your council tax or business rates
- Paying your council tax or business rates by Direct Debit
- Registering for Council Tax and managing your account online
- Discounts & exemptions
- Council tax bands & amounts
- How council tax is calculated
- Contact us
- Complaints & compliments, January to March 2015
- Complaints & compliments, October - December 2014
- Complaints & compliments, July - September 2014
- Complaints & compliments, April - June 2014
- Complaints & compliments, January - March 2014
Paying by Direct Debit
The easiest way to pay your council tax or business rates is by Direct Debit. Setting up payments by Direct Debit is quick, easy and secure and helps you avoid missed payment costs, as well as being automatically entered into a free £100 prize draw.
If you set up a Direct Debit you could win £100 in our free prize draw (each draw is made quarterly and winners are notified directly).
Set up your Direct Debit
If you need help setting up your Direct Debit call 020 8770 5000. More information on Direct Debit.
Paying by credit or debit card
If you cannot make regular payments by Direct Debit you can pay by credit or debit card instead, online or by telephone. You may incur late payment charges if we do not receive your payment by the due date.
Pay by telephone
You can use our automated telephone payment service anytime, day or night, on 020 8770 7887. Make sure you have your council tax or business rates reference number and your bank or building society account details with you. There is an administration fee payable on credit card payments.
Pay by online banking
To pay by BACS or CHAPS use the details below (allow at least 5 working days for these payments to reach our account).
Bank sort code: 20-84-17
Bank account number: 10580740
Your council tax account number: this is shown at the top of your bill.
If you don't have your council tax or business rates bill, you can log onto MyAccount where you can print bills, check balances or payments into your council tax or business rates account and more. If you haven't already set up your online account, you can register there.