You can report abandoned vehicles using our online form.
(Sorry, if the vehicle is not abandoned and is blocking your driveway you need to contact the Police.)
Is the vehicle taxed?
Vehicles don't have to display a tax disc any more.
You can check the tax status online with the DVLA. You just need to know the vehicle registration and make. Remember to take a note of the date the tax was due - you'll need it when reporting the car to us:
Check whether a car is still taxed with the DVLA.
Is the vehicle abandoned?
A vehicle is probably abandoned if:
- it's no longer taxed
- it's been in the same spot for a long time - eg more than 3 weeks
- it's damaged with flat tyres, wheels removed or broken windows
- it's burnt out
- the number plates are missing
Report the vehicle
You can report an untaxed vehicle on a public road, you'll need to give:
- the date the tax was due
- the vehicle's make, model, registration number (shown on the number plate) and colour
- the street where the vehicle is (or nearest street)
- your contact details in case we have difficulty locating the vehicle
Make a report using the map
If you would like to report an abandoned vehicle, you can report it by using the map below.
- use the search bar on the map to search for a location, address or street
- click on the map to place a pin
- proceed to fill in the short form
Make a report using the form
If you have accessibility requirements or difficulties using the map you can make a report using the form. Note that the form will be reviewed manually and may take longer to action.