Parents who are not offered a school place for their child at a school they prefer, have the right, under Section 94 of the School Standards and Framework Act 1998, to appeal against this decision to an independent body called an Appeal Panel.
Admission Appeals for Community schools are dealt with by the Local Authority. To make an appeal for a community school you must request an appeal form in writing from us using our online enquiry form or by post to;
The Appeals Officer
School Admissions Team
London Borough of Sutton
Sutton community schools are listed below. To appeal for any other Sutton school you should contact the school directly.
- Devonshire Primary School
- Hackbridge Primary School
- Robin Hood Infants School
- Robin Hood Junior School
Timetable for Appeals
National offer day - 1 March 2022
Deadline to lodge an appeal - Contact all Sutton secondary schools direct for their dates.
Primary and Junior
National offer day- 19 April 2022
Deadline to lodge an appeal - for Sutton community school only as listed above - 18 May 2022
- Will be heard within 40 school days of this deadline.
- Appellants will be given at least 10 days' notice of the date of their appeal.
- Appeal papers will be sent to appellants and panel members, 5 school days before the appeal
- Contact all other primary schools for their dates
- Late applications for admissions round
- Should be heard within 40 school days of the deadline if possible
- If not possible will be heard within 30 school days of the appeal being lodged
Will be heard within 30 school days of the appeal being lodged.
Other sources of help and information on appeals
Academy, Voluntary Aided and Foundation Schools
The schools themselves deal with admission appeals for Academy, Voluntary Aided and Foundation schools. All enquiries regarding an admission appeal for a place at an Academy, Voluntary Aided or Foundation school must be made to the school concerned.