You can submit your complaint along with any supporting documents via email or write to us at: Sutton Council, Civic Offices, St Nicholas Way, Sutton, SM1 1EA
What you can expect from us
- we will listen and take your complaint seriously
- we will deal with your complaint fairly
- we will tell you how long our investigations will take
- we will apologise if we have done something wrong and tell you how we will put things right
- we will keep all information about you confidential
If we are unable to resolve a customer’s dissatisfaction at the first point of contact, there is a two-stage complaints process to follow.
Once you’ve submitted your complaint, we will let you know that it’s been received within 5 working days.
Complaints will be investigated and a response will be sent to you within 20 working days.
If you are unhappy with the response from stage 1, you have 28 days to request a stage 2 review.
You will need to email or write to us explaining why you are dissatisfied and this request will then be reviewed by a senior council officer who has not been involved in your case before to reconsider your complaint.
We will send you a response within 20 working days or tell you if it will take longer and let you know when you can expect a full reply.
If you’re not happy with the outcome
If you are still not happy you can refer your complaint to the Local Government Ombudsman.