A full council tax bill is based on at least two adults living in a home. If you live with someone who does not need to pay council tax then you may get a discount on your bill.

Important: it is a criminal offence, under the Fraud Act, to provide a false statement or representation in relation to claiming an discount for which you could be prosecuted. If you are awarded an discount you must tell the council tax team of any change of circumstances which affects your entitlement within 21 days of the change occurring. If you fail to do so you may be required to pay a penalty.

You can tell us about any change by email or by post at:

Council tax section,
Civic Offices,
St Nicholas Way,