Creating hope through action for World Suicide Prevention Day
- 10 Sep 2021
Here is how you can take part in prevention
- Ask People how they are - you don’t need to have the answers to their problems, but making time to listen can really help
- Helping others to seek coping techniques and avoid unhealthy behaviours
- Spend just 20 minutes to participate in the Zero Suicide Alliance Training
At 8pm this evening, I would urge you to support the Light A Candle Campaign. Lighting a candle is an act of remembrance demonstrating support for suicide prevention, to remember a lost loved one and for the survivors of suicide.
(Remember - do not leave a lighted candle unattended)
Some final messages
- Suicide is not inevitable, it is preventable.
- Everyone can help prevent suicides - a little interaction can change a life.
- It’s ok not to be ok and to seek help for issues that are causing concern.
- Suicide is not just a mental health issue, it is a public health issue that requires us all to work together.
Cllr Marian James