Our vision is to build a community in which all can take part and all can take pride.
This will need both the Council and Sutton's residents to commit to this vision. We need to ensure that we recognise and celebrate differences within the context of fairness and equality.
The Council is a:
- public body
- community leader
- service provider
- major employer
- commissioner of goods and services
In all these roles, we have a social and statutory responsibility to prevent discrimination and advance equality.
Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Framework
Our Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Framework explains the Council’s commitment and approach so that we can:
- eliminate unlawful discrimination, harassment, and victimisation
- advance equality of opportunity
- foster good relations in Sutton over the next 4 years
The Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Framework sets out:
- the governance arrangements for Equality and Diversity within the Council
- the roles and responsibilities for Equality and Diversity in Sutton
- overarching principles governing the Council’s approach to Equality and Diversity
- the objectives the Council aims to achieve within the next four years.
The framework complements and reflects the key priorities set out in Sutton’s Corporate Plan 2018-2023.
We will make reasonable adjustments to enable people to access our services.
You can find our Reasonable Adjustments Policy Statement in Appendix A (page 18) of the Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Framework.
This statement sets out what we mean by reasonable adjustments and how to request them.