Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS)
The LGPS is a defined benefit (DB) pension scheme for employees working in local government.
Members of DB schemes are promised a guaranteed pension income in retirement. This means that the financial risk of the scheme’s investment falls to the employers in the scheme.
Find out more about the general scheme on the LGPS member website.
Pensions Online (member portal)
LGPS members can use Pensions Online to instantly access and manage their pension information.
- access your annual benefit statements
- update your personal details
- review your nominations, years of service, earnings, contributions and transfers (if applicable)
- run a retirement estimate (if you are 55 or over)
If you have benefits in both the Sutton Council and Kingston Council Pension Funds, then you will need to register twice (once for each Fund).
All other pension enquiries can be made by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 020 8770 5290.
Normal office hours are between 9am and 5pm, Monday to Friday.
Fund specific information
Audited Fund Annual Accounts
Pension Fund Annual Report
Key Fund Documents
- Funding Strategy Statement
- Investment Strategy Statement
- Governance Compliance Statement
- Pensions Administration Strategy (including Communication Statement)
- Administering Authority Discretions Policy
- Cyber Security Policy
- Conflict of Interest Policy
- Declaration of Interest
Useful forms and templates
- Make a nomination for the death grant
- Join the main scheme
- Join the 50/50 scheme
- Leave the scheme
- Request a transfer of previous pension rights
- Change of Bank Details Form
- Monthly contributions return (LG1) (Please contact us for a copy)
- Notification of joining employee (LG2)
- Notification of leaving employee (LG3)
- Notification of an employment change (LG4)
- Notification of changes to multiple post employee (LG5)
- BDI return template for bulk notification of joining employees (Please contact us for a copy)
If you are not happy with the way your pension has been dealt with (including the service you have received), contact us on 020 8770 5290 to seek an informal resolution.
If you wish to go straight to the formal process or we are unable to resolve your informal complaint then you should follow the Internal Dispute Resolution Procedure.