Occupied property Council Tax exemptions

Granny annexes occupied by an elderly or disabled relative of the persons living in the adjoining property may be exempt from council tax.

Please note: 'elderly' refers to any person aged 65 years or over and 'disabled' refers to any person who is mentally impaired or is substantially or permanently disabled. 

If you think that your property or your current situation falls under this exemption please apply for a council tax exemption using our online form.

Please provide full details when applying.

Apply for council tax exemption