Visiting the Household Reuse and Recycling Centre
Visits to the Household Reuse and Recycling Centre (HRRC) are by appointment only and must be booked in advance.
Demand for booking slots is currently very high and places are limited. New slots are made available each day, please keep checking the website for availability.
Please be advised that you may be required to queue during busy periods.
Restrictions at the Household Reuse and Recycling Centre
These changes will help the site run safely and in accordance with government guidelines designed to contain the spread of the coronavirus. Please familiarise yourself with the restrictions before visiting the site.
- Anyone in self-isolation, with COVID-19 symptoms or who has been told to shield themselves because they are particularly vulnerable to coronavirus must not visit the site under any circumstances.
- Those advised to shield themselves because they are particularly vulnerable to coronavirus; or family, friends or carers of those asked to shield should follow government guidelines.
- Make sure you have your resident permit or drivers licence displayed clearly on your dashboard.
- Cars, and permitted vans and large vehicles can access the site if they have pre-booked. As parking bays are allocated on site by vehicle type you must book via the appropriate booking option for the vehicle type you will use to visit the site.
- Anyone visiting the HRRC without a valid booking will not be allowed access to the site.
- Pedestrian and bike access is allowed on the site, please note ID is required and you may be required to wait during busy periods.
Booking your visit
- The HRRC will remain open during lockdown.
- To manage the queues, a number of booking slots will be available each day.
- Bookings can be made for visits up to 7 days in advance.
- You may only visit the HRRC once per day.
To check availability and to book your slot please complete our booking form:
Household Reuse and Recycling Centre Booking Form
Car opening hours:
- Monday to Saturday - 9am to 5pm
- Sunday - 9am to 2pm
- Christmas Eve - 9am to 12pm
- Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year's Day - Closed
- Other Bank Holidays - 9am to 5pm
Vans and large vehicles opening hours:
- Monday to Friday - 9am to 4pm
- Saturday - 9am to 12:30pm
- Sunday and Bank Holidays - No access
What you can take to the Household Reuse and Recycling Centre
It is often cheaper, and almost always better environmentally, to get broken items repaired, rather than throwing them away and buying new.
In Sutton there are many businesses that offer repair services for a vast range of products such as bikes, clothes, technological equipment and more.
We’ve produced a repair directory of Sutton businesses that offer repair services to help you on your way to a speedy fix. Search the map for your nearest options and more.
We can accept all items as listed on our What can I take page.
Please do not bring the following items to the site:
- Business, commercial or trade waste
- Hazardous waste e.g. asbestos, chemicals, oil based paints or varnishes
Please sort your items into waste type groups before leaving home to reduce the amount of time you spend on site.
One person to exit a vehicle
- To help with social distancing guidance and to manage the number of people on site, only one person is permitted to exit each vehicle to dispose of waste while on site. If however you require to dispose of a large or bulky item (e.g fridge) where it requires two people to lift the item this is permitted as long as the government social distance guidance is followed. Site staff are instructed to follow government social distancing guidance at all times and will not be able to assist you with unloading your items.
- Additional traffic management will be in place to ensure everyone's safety. Follow instructions provided on the signs and by site staff. Please arrive at your allotted time to help us keep queues to a minimum.
- Site staff will be carrying out enhanced cleaning regimes throughout the day, wiping down handrails etc. You may wish to bring your own gloves and hand sanitizer. Wash your hands thoroughly before and after visiting the site.
- Please treat our site staff with respect at all times; they are doing their best to keep the site open for you under difficult circumstances. Abuse towards site staff will not be tolerated and we reserve the right to refuse entry to the site.
Thank you for your support and understanding as we work hard to ensure the HRRC can remain open while keeping everyone safe.