Visiting the Household Reuse and Recycling Centre
The Household Reuse and Recycling Centre (HRRC) at Kimpton Park Way is open - visits to the site are by appointment only and must be booked in advance.
Demand for booking slots is currently very high and places are limited. New slots are made available each day, please keep checking the website for availability. Please only book a visit to the HRRC if you really need to. Our bulky, garden, recycling and rubbish waste collection services are all running - try to use these to manage your waste instead.
Temporary restrictions at the Household Reuse and Recycling Centre
These changes will help the site run safely and in accordance with government guidelines designed to contain the spread of the coronavirus.
Please make sure you familiarise yourself with the restrictions before visiting the site:
- Anyone in self-isolation, with COVID-19 symptoms or who has been told to shield themselves because they are particularly vulnerable to coronavirus must not visit the site under any circumstances.
- Those advised to shield themselves because they are particularly vulnerable to coronavirus; or family, friends or carers of those asked to shield should follow government guidelines.
- Make sure you have your resident permit or drivers licence displayed clearly on your dashboard.
Cars only. No vans/large vehicles, no trailers, no pedestrians, no bikes.
Booking your visit
- To manage the queues, a number of booking slots will be available each day. These are limited so the site can operate with social distancing. The number of slots is kept under constant review and more slots will be added if we can so do safely.
- Bookings can be made for visits up to 7 days in advance. Anyone visiting the HRRC without a valid booking will not be allowed access to the site.
- You may only book one visit to the HRRC per day.
To check availability and to book your slot please complete our booking form:
Household Reuse and Recycling Centre Booking Form
- Monday to Saturday - 9am to 5pm
- Sunday - 9am to 2pm
- Christmas Eve - 9am to 12pm
- Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year's Day - Closed
- Other Bank Holidays - 9am to 5pm
What you can take to the Household Reuse and Recycling Centre
We can accept all items as listed on our What can I take page.
Please DO NOT bring the following items to the site:
- Trade, commercial or business waste
- Hazardous waste e.g. asbestos, chemicals, oil based paints or varnishes
Please sort your items into waste type groups before leaving home to reduce the amount of time you spend on site.
One person to exit a vehicle
- To reduce the number of people on site, only one person will be allowed to exit each vehicle. Site staff will be instructed to maintain a two-metre distance from customers at all times - they will not be able to assist you with unloading your items.
- Additional traffic management will be in place to ensure everyone's safety. Follow instructions provided on the signs and by site staff. Please ensure you arrive at your allotted time to help us keep queues to a minimum.
- Site staff will be carrying out enhanced cleaning regimes throughout the day, wiping down handrails etc. You may wish to bring your own gloves and hand sanitizer. Wash your hands thoroughly before and after visiting the site.
- Please treat our site staff with respect at all times; they are doing their best to keep the site open for you under difficult circumstances. Abuse towards site staff will not be tolerated and we reserve the right to refuse entry to the site.
Cancelling a booking slot
- If you have booked a slot and are unable to attend, please email our contact centre at (firstname.lastname@example.org) as soon as possible so your appointment can be given to another resident.
Thank you for your support and understanding as we work hard to ensure the HRRC can remain open while keeping everyone safe.