Cheam Park & Recreation Ground
Sutton Council is carrying out a range of surveys about it's Parks and Open Spaces this summer to help us to complete a new Open Spaces Strategy.
Through this survey we would like to find out your views and experiences of visiting the Parks in Sutton. This will help us to shape the ongoing work that we will do in Sutton to protect, maintain and enhance our Parks and Open Spaces in the future.
Originally the grounds of Cheam Park House built in the 19th Century and known locally as Bethell House after the family that lived there until 1937, Cheam Park was bought by the council and used as a factory to assemble Gas Masks between 1939 and 1940, it was also used as a first aid station and a wardens post. The house suffered a large amount of damage after being hit by a flying bomb during the second world war. Shortly after which, the building was demolished.
Address: Tudor Close, Cheam, SM3 8QS
How To Get To Cheam park & recreation ground:
By Bus: 151 213 X26 470. Check your route by using the TFL - Journey Planner
By Bike: Sutton cycle network - north to south on east side of park and west to east on south side of park
By Train: Cheam Station (5 min walk through Cheam Village). Check your route by using the National Rail Enquiries - Train Timetable
By Car: Access through Tudor Drive (SM4) off B279
Accessibility: Car park accessed through Tudor Drive, disabled bays available.
- Football Pitches x6. To hire a football pitch please use our online booking system
- Tennis Courts x4 (availability is on a first come basis)
- Table Tennis Table
- Outdoor Gym
- Cafe - Refurbished cafe opens March 2016
- Wooden Trim Trail - Installed in 2017
- Pavilion (facilities including male and female changing rooms, toilets, and shower rooms)
- Male & female public toilets. Toilets located near the café. Disabled toilets located by the old stable block. These toilets are open 7.30am – 3pm and maintained by Sutton Council
- Allotment Sites x2
- Croquet & Bowls Club. Contact: 020 8642 0533 or email@example.com
- Cafe - Refurbished in 2016
Please note: BBQs are not permitted at his park. If you would like to hold a bbq in a park, you can do this at the bbq stands at either Beddington Park (6 stands) or Roundshaw Park (2 stands) - on a first come, first served basis).