Nonsuch Park is jointly managed by the London Borough of Sutton & Epsom & Ewell Borough Council.
King Henry VIII began to build Nonsuch Palace on 22 April 1538, the thirtieth anniversary of his accession, to provide a hunting lodge as part of his newly created hunting estate for Hampton Court.
The King's advisors chose a site then occupied by the village of Cuddington, with its church and manor house. These were cleared away and the owners compensated. Within two months of work beginning, the name 'Nonsuch' first appears in the building accounts. The structure was perhaps substantially complete by January 1541. Only small remnants of the Palace can be seen today.
Address: Ewell Rd, Sutton SM3 8AB
Access: Nonsuch Park is situated in the northern part of the Borough of Epsom & Ewell between Cheam and Ewell Village. There are a number of access points to this large site. There are two entrances in London Road leading to car parks and one in Ewell Road, Cheam, which also leads to car parking facilities. Parking for disabled people only is available adjacent to the Mansion House.
The Park is accessible to pedestrians from the main entrances off London Road and Ewell Road, Blue Gates, Beaufort Way, the public footpath off Holmwood Road, which leads across Warren Farm to Nonsuch Park, and via the public footpath off Ewell Bypass.
- Nonsuch Mansion House is situated at the centre of the park. The ground floor rooms have recently been completely refurbished and can be hired for weddings and private parties. For more information, please contact 020 8786 8124, email email@example.com or browse on www.nonsuchmansion.com.
- the café (The Nonsuch Pantry) which adjoins the Mansion House provides refreshments and ice creams
- a public toilet is also located next to the café