Beddington Park & The Grange
The park is said to be one of the most rich, historical and archaeological sites in south west London with evidence of settlements dating back to the late Bronze Age. The discovery of a Roman Stone Coffin in 1930 lends weight to suspicions that a grand Roman villa and bath-house once stood to the north side of the park.
A 58 Hectare Park across Beddington, Hackbridge and Wallington, Beddington Park originated as a deer park in the 14th century for the noble Carew family, whose manor house still stands in the park today (now Carew Academy). The River Wandle runs through the park culminating in the lake in the The Grange Garde.
For further history and archaeology reports visit the Carshalton and District History and Archaeology Society webpage.
Address: Church Road, Wallington, Sutton, SM6 7NN.
How to get to there:
By Bus: 407, 410, 463, X26 (Croydon Road) 151 (London Road) 455, 463 (Beddington Lane). Check your route by using the TFL - Bus Timetable.
By Train: Hackbridge Station, walk out onto London Road and the park is 350m to the left. Check your route by using the National Rail Enquiries - Train Timetable.
By Bike: Local Cycle Network, route 75, Croydon to Worcester Park. Check your route by using the TFL - Cycling & Walking Route Planner (in Advanced Options) .
By Car: The park lies between the B272 Beddington Lane, the A232 Croydon Road and the A237 London Road.
Accessibility: Disabled toilets provided by park café.
What’s On in Beddington Park
Beddington Park is a great place to experience a range of activities, events and volunteer opportunities. You can view information on upcoming events here.
BBQ hiring and enforcement trial 2018
From May 2018, you will need to pre-book to barbecue in the park. We will also have enforcement officers patrolling, to manage parking and environmental enforcement such as littering. Here, you can find out more about the Beddington Enforcement Trial.
Volunteering at Beddington Park
There are many ways to get involved in Beddington Park. You can come along to one off events, such as clean up days, task days and planting sessions.
The next one off volunteer days are:
- Saturday 24 th February, 10.30am – Community Tree Planting
- Sunday 11 th March, 11am – The Great British Spring Clean. Park clean up and task day.
There are also a number of regular volunteering opportunities:
- Tree Wardens - If you’re passionate about trees why not consider joining the Beddington Park Tree Wardens? Tree Wardens meet up regularly, but you can participate in a way that suits you. Join planting and maintenance sessions, participate in learning events and help with surveys and creating trails.
- Grange Gardening Club – The Grange Gardening Club meet every second Tuesday in the month, to help keep the Grange Garden looking beautiful. No experience is necessary and support is available, plus training opportunities for regular members. Tasks include planting, pruning, weeding and general tidying. Could you help Beddington Park win gold at the next London in Bloom?
- Walking Buddies – Are you patient and caring? Do you like being outside and helping others? Why not join our team of walking buddies. Buddies meet with care home residents and staff to assist them in a walk around Beddington Park. Push a wheelchair, offer an arm to lean on and be a friend to the residents.
If you would like to find out more about volunteering at Beddington Park, please contact Sarah Price by email at email@example.com or by phone on 020 8770 6060.
- Little league football pitches x3
- Senior Football pitches x5
- Mini Pitches x2
To hire a football pitch please use our online booking system
- Tennis Courts x6 (availability is on a first come basis)
- Ball court
- Half Pipe
- Changing Rooms
- Toilets provided by, and maintained by, the café. Disabled toilet provided
- Outdoor gym
- Disposable BBQs are allowed on the static BBQ stands in the park which must be pre booked using our online booking form. Here, you can find out more about having a bbq in Beddington Park.
The Pavilion Cafe
The cafe is open 7 days a week, from 8.30am-4.30pm offering fresh sandwiches, cooked breakfasts, delicious cakes, hot and cold drinks, ice creams etc! Contact 020 8773 4249. Beddington Park Pavillion Cafe Facebook Page.
Beddington Park Newsletter
Find out all the latest news and information about Beddington Park and our exciting plans for the future! You can access and download our latest issue here.