Parks and facilities - Beddington Park & The Grange
More in "Parks and facilities"
- Friends groups
- Find a playground
- Sutton in Bloom 2017
- Beddington Park and The Grange HLF Project
- Information and incident reporting
- Recreation Grounds
- Beddington Park & The Grange
- Belmont Park
- Carshalton Park
- Cheam Park & Recreation Ground
- Grove park
- Mellows Park
- Manor park
- Nonsuch Park
- Oaks Park
- Overton Park
- Rose Hill Park - East and West
- Roundshaw downs and Roundshaw park
- St. Helier Open Space
- Grounds Maintenance
A 58 Hectare Park across Beddington, Hackbridge and Wallington, Beddington Park originated as a deer park in the 14th century for the noble Carew family, whose manor house still stands in the park today (now Carew Academy). The River Wandle runs through the park culminating in the lake in the The Grange Garde.
For further history and archaeology reports visit the Carshalton and District History and Archaeology Society webpage.
Address: Church Road, Wallington, Sutton, SM6 7NN.
How to get to there:
By Bus: 407, 410, 463, X26 (Croydon Road) 151 (London Road) 455, 463 (Beddington Lane). Check your route by using the TFL - Bus Timetable.
By Train: Hackbridge Station, walk out onto London Road and the park is 350m to the left. Check your route by using the National Rail Enquiries - Train Timetable.
By Bike: Local Cycle Network, route 75, Croydon to Worcester Park. Check your route by using the TFL - Cycling & Walking Route Planner (in Advanced Options) .
By Car: The park lies between the B272 Beddington Lane, the A232 Croydon Road and the A237 London Road.
Accessibility: Disabled toilets provided by park café.
What’s On in Beddington Park
Beddington Park is a great place to experience a range of activities, events and volunteer opportunities. You can view information on upcoming events here.Facilities:
- Little league football pitches x3
- Senior Football pitches x5
- Mini Pitches x2
To hire a football pitch please use our online booking system
- Tennis Courts x6 (availability is on a first come basis)
- Ball court
- Half Pipe
- Changing Rooms
- Toilets provided by, and maintained by, the café. Disabled toilet provided.
- BBQ stands - bbqs are only permitted on these stands and nowhere else in the park. There are 6 stands available (on a first come first served basis). bbqs are not permitted anywhere else, only using available stands.
- Outdoor gym
To book an event please use our general enquiry form.
The Pavilion Cafe
The cafe is open 7 days a week, from 8.30am-4.30pm offering fresh sandwiches, cooked breakfasts, delicious cakes, hot and cold drinks, ice creams etc! Contact 020 8773 4249. Beddington Park Pavillion Cafe Facebook Page.
Beddington Park Newsletter
Find out all the latest news and information about Beddington Park and our exciting plans for the future! You can access and download our latest issue here.