Beddington Park & The Grange
Beddington Park is a popular and much loved park which is large in size, covering 58 hectares. It was originally a deer park in the 14th century for the noble Carew family, whose manor house still stands in the park today (now Carew Academy). The River Wandle runs through the park culminating in a lake in the Grange Garden. Come and explore the open grassland, meadows, lake and wooded areas and discover our gardens, chalk streams and fairy tale bridge!
Sutton Council were successfully awarded funding from the Heritage Lottery and Big Lottery Fund to deliver a £3.7m project to restore, conserve and enhance Beddington Park between 2016 and 2021.
Address: Church Road, Wallington, Sutton, SM6 7NN.
- Toilets provided by, and maintained by, the café. Disabled toilet provided.
- Outdoor gym
- Tennis Courts x6 (availability is on a first come basis)
- Little League football pitches x3
- Senior football pitches x5
- Mini Pitches x2
To hire a football pitch please email: email@example.com
- Ball court
- Half Pipe
- Changing Rooms
How to get to there:
By Bus: 407, 410, 463, X26 (Croydon Road) 151 (London Road) 455, 463 (Beddington Lane). Check your route by using the TFL - Bus Timetable.
By Train: Hackbridge Station, walk out onto London Road and the park is 350m to the left. Check your route by using the National Rail Enquiries - Train Timetable.
By Bike: Local Cycle Network, route 75, Croydon to Worcester Park. Check your route by using the TFL - Cycling & Walking Route Planner (in Advanced Options) .
By Car: The park lies between the B272 Beddington Lane, the A232 Croydon Road and the A237 London Road.
Accessibility: Disabled toilets provided by park café.
What’s On in Beddington Park
The What's On programme is currently suspended.
Volunteering at Beddington Park
There are many ways to get involved in Beddington Park. You can come along to one off events, such as clean up days, task days and planting sessions.
There are also a number of regular volunteering opportunities:
- Tree Wardens - If you’re passionate about trees why not consider joining the Beddington Park Tree Wardens? Tree Wardens meet up regularly, but you can participate in a way that suits you. Join planting and maintenance sessions, participate in learning events and help with surveys and creating trails.
- Grange Gardening Club – The Grange Gardening Club meet every second Tuesday in the month, to help keep the Grange Garden looking beautiful. No experience is necessary and support is available, plus training opportunities for regular members. Tasks include planting, pruning, weeding and general tidying. Could you help Beddington Park win gold at the next London in Bloom?
- Walking Buddies – Are you patient and caring? Do you like being outside and helping others? Why not join our team of walking buddies. Buddies meet with care home residents and staff to assist them in a walk around Beddington Park. Push a wheelchair, offer an arm to lean on and be a friend to the residents.
If you would like to find out more about volunteering at Beddington Park, please contact Dawn Fielding by email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0208 7705052.
BBQs are not permitted at this park
The Pavilion Cafe
The cafe is open 7 days a week, from 8.30am-4.30pm offering fresh sandwiches, cooked breakfasts, delicious cakes, hot and cold drinks, ice creams etc! Contact 020 8773 4249. Beddington Park Pavillion Cafe Facebook Page.
Beddington Park Newsletter
Find out all the latest news and information about Beddington Park and our exciting plans for the future! You can access and download our latest issue here.