Move to a smaller home - under-occupation scheme

If your council or housing association home has empty bedrooms it is being 'under-occupied' and makes sense to move to a smaller home. The Under-Occupation Scheme gives advice, guidance and support to Council and Housing Association tenants who wish to move to smaller accommodation. 

Consideration is given to the applicant's desired location and property type and, in some cases, you may qualify for a financial incentive.

If you need further information on the Under-Occupancy Scheme please contact us using our online enquiry form: Make an under-occupation enquiry