Event planning

Insurance, Fees and Funding


All events held on Council land and within Council properties will require the organiser to possess valid public liability insurance of at least £1m, unless a higher limit is required in the circumstances (e.g. any high risk activities such as fairground operators require at least £10m). 


Sutton Council Event Fees and Charges

When planning your event, it is important to be aware that there are a number of Council services that require you to submit an application and pay a fee.

For example, if you are planning on holding an event on Council land (e.g. in a park), utilising Council services (e.g. waste services) or require traffic management arrangements (e.g. road closures and parking suspensions).

Please see Sutton Council event services fees and charges for a full list of what Council services you will need to submit an application for, and the fees that are required. 


Community Event Funding 

Community event organisers can apply for community event funding through the Sutton Council Local Place and Engagement (LPE) service, by submitting a Neighbourhood Grants, Event Fees and Charges Application Form to neighbourhoodgrants@sutton.gov.uk.

This application can take up to 6 weeks to process, so please submit your application at least 6 weeks in advance of your event.

The LPE service will assess the application, and send it to the relevant Local Committee for approval or rejection.

Approval for event funding applications is subject to budget availability.

When you apply for a Council service that requires a fee or charge (for parking services, etc) you will still be directly invoiced the payment, however you can apply for the community event funding to help cover this.

Please note, private, commercial events cannot apply for community event funding.

rating button