The Local Offer has two key purposes:
- to provide clear, comprehensive and accessible information about the support and opportunities that are available locally including education, health and social care and
- to make provision more responsive to local needs and aspirations by directly involving children and young people with SEND, parents and carers, and service providers in its development and review
We continue to work together with children and young people, parents and carers and with local services, including the voluntary sector, to develop our offer.
Where? Phoenix Centre, Mollison Drive,
Wallington, SM6 9NZ
When? Wednesday, March 13th 2019 from 9.30 am until 4.30 pm including the Youth Zone for young people from 10 until 4
Why? To provide information, support, help and advice to families with children and young people of all ages with additional needs and/or disabilities
Refreshments served all day and a buffet lunch from 12 until 2
Please check www.suttonparentsforum.org.uk for updates on more providers who are attending
Email – email@example.com
Call – 07557 760328 or 020 3701 2175
YOUTH ACTIVITY ZONE
What would you like to do in Sutton and how would you like to tell us?
Record a podcast, try out the Virtual Reality Zone and Lego Education, have some fun and enjoy some lunch
What We Do
We represent the views of parent/carers of children and young people with additional needs and/or disabilities in Sutton.
We do this by organising consultation events, coffee mornings and Focus Groups which are promoted locally, posted on our website and mailed to families
The Steering Group members attend decision making boards, including the Disability and Transition Partnership Board and the CAMHS Partnership Board.
We support families, children and young people to identify positive outcomes through person centred planning.
We provide help, support, information and advice including completing CAF forms, ICount registration, DLA and PIP. We can support you at meetings including Annual Reviews, school and college visits.
We act as a named contact working with different services to help you navigate the system.
We provide information to help you understand personal budgets.
Our Parental Supporters have passed the Council for Disabled Children’s legal training qualifications and attend regular training courses including welfare benefits entitlements with the CAB.
Our Parental Supporters complete annual safe-guarding training and have enhanced DBS checks.
Who is the Local Offer for?
Families with children and young people with learning needs and disabilities, from birth to 25 years old.
What does the Local Offer cover?
- what the Local Authority must do
- early years
- post 16 provision
- social care
- disabled children's services including short breaks
- health services
- preparing for adulthood
- travel support arrangements
- leisure activities
- Education, Health and Care Needs Assessment (EHCNA)
The Local Offer will:
- improve choice and transparency for families
- help practitioners and professionals to understand the range of services and provision available locally so they can signpost families they work with
- improve joint commissioning arrangements for services by setting out in a single place what is available locally
CQC Ofsted Local Area Review
Following the CQC OFSTED Inspection in January 2018, Sutton were required to submit a Written Statement of Action, which outlines how they will address the issues raised during the Inspection. Please find here the Sutton Local Area Written Statement of Action and response letter from Ofsted.