National lockdown: Stay at Home

National lockdown rules apply in England

Latest guidance and information on COVID-19

Council tax discounts

People receiving child benefit

Child Benefit may be paid to persons over the age of 18 who are still studying in further education. Such persons may be disregarded for council tax.

Persons wishing to apply must provide proof of receipt of Child Benefit and the date it is anticipated to end.

Please scan your supporting evidence and email it to us.

When applying, you will need your council tax account number, found at the top of your paper bill or displayed in your 'MyAccount' details if you have registered.