National lockdown: Stay at Home

National lockdown rules apply in England

Latest guidance and information on COVID-19

Council tax discounts

People in detention

A person detained in prison or any other place by order of a British court, may be disregarded for council tax (unless the person has been detained for non-payment of council tax or fines).

Should a person currently in detention normally reside at your address, please email or write to the Council Tax Team at:

Civic Offices,
St Nicholas Way,

Please give us the address of the prison and the date that the individual's imprisonment commenced and their prison number (if known).

When applying, you will need your council tax account number, found at the top of your paper bill or displayed in your 'MyAccount' details if you have registered.