Beddington & Wallington Local Committee
Shape the future of Beddington and Wallington ward with your Local Committee. Work with councillors and community representatives to improve your local area.
Areas covered by Beddington and Wallington Local Committee
If you live, work or study in Beddington and Wallington and want to influence decisions that affect your local area, the Beddington and Wallington Local committee is your chance to get involved.
The Local Committee covers four wards -
- Beddington North
- Beddington South
- Wallington North
- Wallington South
Who sits on the Committee?
The Local Committee Chair and Vice Chair are appointed from the local ward councillors, who all sit on the Local Committee. A number of formally nominated Community Representatives also sit on the Local Committee and although they do not have voting rights, they have a very important part to play in reflecting the views of the residents they represent and ensuring that information is shared.
What has the committee been up to recently?
Recent topics discussed at the Local Committee meetings have included presentations on the social care local account, an update on the work of the Beddington Forum and licensing in Sutton. Over the past year, the Beddington and Wallington Local Committee has funded a number of projects to help improve the local area such as:
- Installation of benches
- Bins and noticeboards in parks and on highways
- Construction of a bandstand in Wallington Library Gardens
- Christmas light displays in Wallington
- Parking schemes
All these projects were proposed by members of the community and discussed at the committee meetings, gaining support from Councillors and Community Representatives.
Get involved - come to your local committee meeting
- committees meet in the evening around four times a year in local venues in the area. Find out the date of your next local committee meeting.
- Get in touch : Let us know what you'd like the Committee to talk about, tell us what you think the priorities for your Local area should be, make your voice heard on topics that are being discussed. You can get in contact with your local ward councillors or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Apply for a Neighbourhood Grant
- Become a Community Representative
- If you would like to receive email updates and information about this local committee (including meeting agendas), Subscribe to our email updates.
We look forward to hearing from you and welcoming you to a meeting.